Neglecting to charge Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair batteries could reduce your scooters' driving power and interrupt the freedom you've come to rely upon and enjoy!
However, if you follow the instructions below, your Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair will always be ready to take you wherever you need to go and when you want to go.
- Turn the Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair switch to the OFF position.
- Plug the Mobility Charger's power cable into a power outlet.
- Connect the Mobility Charger's plug to the charging port on the scooter.
- Ensure that the charger lights light up (check your connection if this does not occur).
- The charging LED function will depend on the brand of charger, so ensure that the charger is performing the required charge LED light function.
- For our Valen Fan Cooled Chargers the Orange LED light should be on.
- For our Valen Convection Cooled Chargers the Orange and Yellow LED lights should be on.
- Leave the charger connected for a minimum of 2 hours after the LED light is indicating finished to ensure a complete charge.
- For our Valen Fan Cooled Chargers the Green LED light should be on to indicate the battery is fully charged.
- For our Valen Convection Cooled Chargers the Green LED light should be on to indicate the battery is fully charged.
- Disconnect the charger from the Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair, then from the power outlet.
- Run your Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair before riding to verify the deep cycle battery charge.
How often do I need to Charge my Mobility Scooter and Powered Wheelchair Batteries?
You cannot over-charge Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair batteries. Approved Mobility Chargers, such as our Valen Fan and Convection Cooled Chargers, have an inbuilt function that will regulate the charge and ensure the batteries are correctly charged.
It is best to regularly recharge the batteries:
- After every drive.
- Before taking your first ride on a new Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair.
- Never allow the batteries to run completely flat.
- At least once a week if the Mobility Scooter and Powered Wheelchair are kept in storage.
A Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair that receives regular, routine charging will reward you with dependable performance, consistent power and long lasting batteries for all the drives yet to come!
Need further advice on charging your mobility batteries? Just ask Valen!
The team at Valen are here to support you with all of your Deep Cycle Battery inquiries. We proudly service clients in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth, Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and everywhere in between!